Friday 5 April 2013

Hair Update–Heatless Flexi-rod set!

 

Hello Diary Readers it been a while since a did any blogging. I am working my way back to doing it weekly, it can be somewhat difficult when you fall off the sphere of bogging.

Anyways here is to the new start of blogging again.

March 31st, 2013 mark my one year being natural – BC YT >http://youtu.be/TdvgecsZMz4< and hair pics after BC. It’s 1 year ago after 24 months of transitioning that I cut off my texlaxed ends. Unfortunately I didn’t do anything special to my hair on the day >.< lame I know. I will around to doing some more hair photos for those who would like to see my progress and I will also do a length check comparison also.

Nevertheless, Last night momentarily madness took over and I decide on old twisted up hair to experiment with some flexi-rod. I took down each twisted section and separated into smaller section spritz with AVJ+water and seal with my shea butter mix. and went to flexi-rod setting. I slept in them for the night and took them down today and fluff some.

I like it actually, a bit frizzy, since it was done in a moment of madness. I have an idea of how I can go about dealing with the frizz next time.

This is all I use to set my hair on the flexi-rod, please note that this is 7 days old twisted up hair that I am working with.

P4050423

AVJ (aloe vera juice) mixed with water for a very light spritz and the my shea butter mix to seal lightly and get ends smooth. The soft bristle brush to lightly smooth hair prior to rolling unto flexi-rod.

 

P4050391

P4050388

 

 

 

 

 

Here I have thrown in all the ‘flexi-rod’ all scarf and bonnet up for the night.

 

P4050392

P4050394

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, man these things are not the best thing to sleep in. I am sure they are the reason I had nightmare >.< lol

 

P4050398

Oooops I missed taking out one of the flexi-rod.

P4050395

 

Both the pictures below are the results after light separation and fluffing.

P4050410

P4050413

P4050415

This is my flexi-rod set results, I will pine apple to pull back in a loose bun to stretch the curls out some.

Stay tune for reviews coming your way shortly.

7 comments:

  1. This turned out pretty! Really like it!

    Mixed Beauty

    P.s. Im a newish follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There Chantelle, Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment. I am going to attempt another roller-set. To compare the results to this flexi-rod set. I will post results shortly.

      Delete
  2. You have so much hair....i'm so jealous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog!


    Just to let you know Flourishing Tresses is an all natural hair care products company. We are launching our new website and trying to connect to people to let them know about our new products. We are doing a contest where you could win a free $15.00 gift certificate to shop at our website and try out our products. Please come check it out flourishingtressescom and you can like us on Facebook to get more details. Check out our YouTube Channel For the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look cool Flexi Rod set. How many time to roll on the hair, and did you prefer us to keep it a night?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best blog I encountered as well as the blog of hair services Woodland Hills. Thanks for this well done post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, its helped me with my natural hair.

    I nominated you for Liebster Award.
    xxx

    www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete