Sunday 8 September 2013

Mixed Roots Replenishing Oil Treatment

 

Promises: Step 3 in the Mixed Roots System. After washing and conditioning, this nutritious blend of natural oils and botanics will seal in the moisture your hair has just been infused with.

P9011812

Directions: Apply a little to damp hair and let air/diffuser dry. Although it’s step 3, this oil can be used anytime for an instant shine and moisture boost or as a weekly hot oil treatment. Follow with Step 4 – Curl Control Leave In Lotion or Step 5 – Curl Stretching Custard.

Ingredients: Zea Mays (corn) oil, Parfum, Carthamus Tinctorus (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Rectita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract


REVIEW: I am not even going to play about with this product and I’ll come straight with it. This is plain and simple fragranced / perfume in a bottle. The oil  has no real based to it. It do not feel like an oil, it is neither light or heavy. I literally could barely feel anything in my hands in terms of of oil more over when I applied it to my hair.

P9011856

P9011858

Now before you go say? Isn’t that good, yes an oil can be light, but add sheen and seal well. This does not offer any of those benefits and believe me I know what an oil should feel like. I have used oils from the common oil such as olive oil to amla (ayurvedic).

Also the smell is off putting, you can blatantly smell it is a doped up perfume mix. By this time the fragranced / perfume scent from the shampoo and DC that lingers along with the scent from this was somewhat too much. I’ll say if you are one that have trouble with sinuses /  nasal issues, this may somewhat trigger a reaction.

It added no sheen and it didn’t do a good a job of sealing what there was of moisture into my hair.

You can clearly see there is no sheen to my my hair, it did not do a good job at sealing in the moisture either. I applied [2x10p] size amount of oil to the section [pic] above.

All in all I would not use this oil again, I need an oil that has some what of a heavier base and consistency to work for my hair.

 

Price: [I was given this item to review, I am not being paid to review this product and the review / opinions are my own].

 

Rating: 1/5 – too perfumed and does not come across as a real oil. Corn oil? O.O

No comments:

Post a Comment