Saturday 7 September 2013

Mixed Roots Curl Cleansing Shampoo

 

Promises: Step 1 in the Mixed Roots System. This gentle sulfate–free cleansing P9011719shampoo cleans curls and kinks thoroughly and rejuvenates the natural curl pattern. Infused with Panthenol and Wheat Protein, this shampoo provides waves and curls with moisture and bounce.

Directions: Apply to hair and scalp and lather and massage it in. Repeat if necessary then leave on for 3 minutes before rinsing and follow with Step 2 – Deep Moisture Conditioner.

Ingredients: Aqua, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauromphohydroxypropysulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Cocamide MIPA, C10-16 Alkyl Glucosides Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate Lauryl Glucoside Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternum-7, Panthenol, Wheat Protein, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

P9011732

 

REVIEW: The sachet size of the shampoo is 59ml, I thought I would need both  sachet surprisingly I didn’t. One was more than enough to cleanse my hair and scalp.

Now lets start with the smell of this shampoo, it is sweet/fruity -  it has a familiar smell of some product I’ve used in the past from the US. I can not place the smell at the moment. The colour is an off white pearl colour shampoo, it is semi thick in consistency and creamy.

Anyway, I had finger detangled my hair the day before and did a light pre-poo with coconut oil.

P9011727

The above is what I’m working with, this is the first half of my hair I’m goign to apply the shampoo on.

 

P9011744

 

P9011752

P9011760

 

[pic] 1 shows a quarter of my hair at the back of my head lather up with the Mix Roots Curl Cleansing Shampoo, [pic] 2 shows half of my head on the same side [right side] full lather with the shampoo. [pic] 3 shows the [left side] of my head fully lathered up and pins up.

I have applied the shampoo to my whole head in sections and work from scalp to ends. What I notice about this shampoo, is once applied to my hair it made my hair felt some what stiff. I could not glide/slide my fingers through my hair like I could when I had pre-poo; in an attempt to detangle. Once I felt the stiffness I did not attempt any further, due to fear of breakage.

I then proceed to rinse out the shampoo from each section and my hair felt ‘reaaaally’ clean; actually too clean. Remember I pre-poo overnight with coconut oil. Well the shampoo have completely cleansed ALL oils from my hair and scalp, it cleaned eeeeverything; this ‘sulfate free’ shampoo cleansed in an unusual way. It cleansed just like a sulfate / border line a clarifying shampoo o.O.

I  am not impressed with the results of this shampoo, it left my hair some what stiff and on the dry side. If I wanted a weekly sulfate free shampoo, I wouldn’t purchase this for that purpose as it is too drying. But for a clarifier and to remove excess build up from products it would do just that.

 

Price: [I was given this item to review, I am not being paid to review this product and the review / opinions are my own].

 

Rating: 2/5 – too drying / striping with the claims of being sulfate-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment