Saturday 7 September 2013

Mixed Roots Deep Moisture Conditioner

 

Promises: Step 2 in the Mixed Roots System. This luxury cream conditioner softens and strengthens curly wavy and kinky hair. Rosehip oil and vitamins and humectants penetrate the hair shaft to help repair and replenish moisture levels.

 

P9011721_thumb4

 

Directions: After shampooing, apply generously to the hair, comb through with a wide tooth comb or and leave on for 10-20 minutes before rising with lukewarm P9011772water. Follow with Step 3 – Replenishing Oil Treatment.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimenthicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Glycol Distearate, Glycol Stearate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Tocooheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Parfum, Sodium PCA, Daucus Carota Sativa, (Carrot) Seed Oil, Caramel, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

 

P9011778

P9011785


REVIEW: After using the ‘Mixed Roots Curl Cleansing Shampoo’ I proceed to apply this DC ‘Mixed Roots Curl Moisture Conditioner’

This is what my hair is looking like, it actually feel really dry from the use of the shampoo from this line, so I’m in dyer need of moisture and softness.

P9011768

The Conditioner is also sweet / parfum [y] in smell, it’s cream in colour and moderately thick in consistency. It went on smooth and easily. It also have some slip that would aid in finger detangling. I apply both 59ml packets to my entire head of hair. My hair was sectioned into [4] sections.

P9011796

P9011800

 

I then sat under my steamer for approximately 20-25mins.

P9011821

My hair after my steaming session allowing my hair to cool down prior to rinsing the DC out of my hair.

P9011842

My hair after I rinsed out the DC, I wrapped my hair into my hair cloths around my head for a few minutes to get some of the water out.

P9011852

The end results after steaming and rinsing out the DC.

It was not all favourable results after the DC was rinsed out. My hair was some what still dry in terms of moisture, it was a tad bit softer in comparison to when I had used the shampoo. But it could do with a lot more moisture and elasticity. Which this DC didn’t render. All in all this DC didn’t do anything exceptional in terms of moisture, real softness and pliability.

I don’t think this would be something I would purchase for my ‘hair’ as my hair need more moisture than this DC can offer.


Price: [I was given this item to review, I am not being paid to review this product and the review / opinions are my own].


Rating: 3/5 – It took some of the stiffness away that the shampoo contributed to prior to applying the DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment