Sunday 8 September 2013

Mixed Roots Curl Control Leave-in Lotion

 

Promises: Step 4 in the Mixed Roots System. This leave in lotion is for use after steps 1-3 to define and lock in your natural curl or wave pattern whilst eliminating frizz..

Directions: Use on Clean P9011814wet or dry hair, distributing evenly from roots to tips with fingers. (Depending on the thickness and texture of your hair, you can skip step 5) Follow with Step 5 – Curl Stretching Custard.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua Eau), Amodimenthicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate-60, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein / PVP Crosspolymer, Hydroyzed Wheat Protein, Silk Amino Acids, Ethylhecyl Methoxycinnamate, Carthamus Tinctorius, (Safflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethycellulose, Methyl Gluceth-20, citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Parfum, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

 

P9011862

P9011870

REVIEW: This is a light leave-in, it smell as usual sweet/perfumery smell like the other items in the line. By the time I got to this item my poor sniffer had about it enough of the over fragrance in this line.

Nevertheless, I apply to my hair in section over the oil the ‘Mixed Roots Replenishing Oil’. let me tell you, my hair went stiff O.O it has no slip, it is not moisturizing and I notice that it sat on my hair. no matter how I try and slide / smooth it unto my hair and try to work in it. it literally sat on my hair.

I decide not to try to work it in too hard also as my hair was getting stiffer and some what crunchy.

I apply it nonetheless all over my hair and out a few bantu-knots in to allow it to air dry so I could proceed to style with the ‘Mixed Roots Curl Stretching Custard’

I left it in overnight to dry and the next day it was still a little wet but when I tell you I can hair my hair making crunching noise. My hair was dry as bird nest. really dry my ends were tangled and knot together. I wanted to cry, I could not separate my hair to even proceed to styling it any further. I don’t ever remember having my hair in this state ever.

I decide this where I will stop with this line, I will not be reviewing the ‘Mix Roots Curl Stretching Custard’ as I am now in the process of trying to resuscitate life back in my dry, parched, stiff and knotted hair. My hair was in an awesome state the week before you can see my previous week wash session HERE

P9011871

 

This 2 days later and look at the results I have from using this leave-in. My intentions was for my hair to dry some and then I would proceed to styling my hair by twisting it into smaller twist for a twist-out using the ‘Mixed Roots Curl Stretching Custard

P9021909

P9031912

P9031919

P9031922

I’ve never had a leave-in conditioner that literally sucked whatever moisture that was in my hair completely out. My hair was literally dry, brittle and crisp. Even if I wanted to proceed to the custard to style my hair as mentioned it would almost impossible to do so. As my hair had became hard to separate, there was no pliability.

I will not be using the following items [Mixed Roots Curl Stretching Custard & Mixed Roots Curl Refresher Finishing Spray] that are remain to be tested out; as I have not had any favourable results with any of the products so far.

 

P9021880

P9021885

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am off to try and resuscitate my dried out, brittle and parched hair. I will post on what I do if I can find anything in my stash that help nurse my hair back by adding moisture and make it pliable again.

Price: [I was given this item to review, I am not being paid to review this product and the review / opinions are my own].


Rating: 1/5 – Extremely drying to my hair and lack of moisture.

1 comment:

  1. Oh thats a shame! i read the previous posts and i was hoping it would have worked in the end. oh well!

    ReplyDelete