Thursday 12 August 2010

Roux Mendex Hair Repair Treatment


Promises:
Hair Repair Treatment
Puts the brakes on breakage
Helps mend split ends
Self adjusting formula - never over softens.
Mendex is specially formulated to help repair damaged hair. It helps prevent hair breakage and helps mend split ends. Mendex gives beautiful shine, adding new vitality to dry, brittle hair.

Directions: Shampoo, then towel dry. Work mendex through the hair, leave on for one minute then rinse well. On extremely damaged hair, cover with a plastic cap, place under medium heat for 10 minutes, then rinse well. 

Ingredients: Water (Aqua),  Glycol Stearate, PEG-4 Distearate, Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Tea-Cocoyl, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.


The TRUTH: This on my hair acts as a medium and slightly hardcore protein. It doesn’t make my hair completely hard as the Aphogee 2step do, but it is not very pliable afterwards and I definitely need to DC with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. I do like the results after using this protein conditioner, as I notice the difference in the condition of my hair.
I used it when I was experiencing a lot of shedding and I left it on over night and with a steam cap and in the morning and rinsed and DC and I notice the shedding I was experiencing was alt. I used it another time with heat just for strength and my hair was much stronger.
This protein conditioner will provide results with or without heat to strengthen the hair, reduce the appearance of both shedding and breakage in one use.

I do plan to keep this in my product rotation.

Rating: 3.5 - 4/5

15 comments:

  1. I just went back to using this product and my hair loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting hair care product. but I'm a little put off with the ingredients. :(

    Ever tried argan oil though? There's a haircare line called Pro Naturals Hair Repair System. Their sulfate free and silicone free shampoo and conditioner are guaranteed to strengthen hair and make it more resilient to heat and other elements. Been using them, and I've never had to worry about massive hairfalls unlike before (my hair's been through all kinds of styling abuse, from perming to color treatment).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argan products are no match for Roux products. Fermodyl is a leave in and you can't beat it....

      Delete
    2. Argan products are no match for Roux products. Fermodyl is a leave in and you can't beat it....

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This product works wonders. It makes your hair so strong and so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been using this product since I was 10 I am now 39... It's a great product I use it on my 9 yr old daughters naturally curly hair ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't didn't know it would list me as unknown ... I'm Judy Victor

      Delete
  6. Been using this product since I was 10 I am now 39... It's a great product I use it on my 9 yr old daughters naturally curly hair ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been using Mendex since I was a little girl. It has always worked miracles on my hair. I moved to Florida and can no longer find it. I searched Amazon and its $40. Where are you ladies purchasing it from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I buy this product?

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thanks for sharing this useful information.If you want to buy ayurvedic oil online then I will suggest you to
    Go here Bhringraj Hair Oil

    ReplyDelete
  10. where can I get this product I'm in Tz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yanapatikana mbeya maana mafuta mengi waagiza kutoka south Africa na mimi ndo nilitumia huko

      Delete
  11. I just found my self searching for it because my mom used to apply it to my hair when I was 7 yrs old

    ReplyDelete