Thursday 12 August 2010

Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner

Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner



Promises:
The Triple Protection Hair care System Controls Perm, Color and Relaxer results. Use before a chemical service to prevent chemical shock, to equalize hair porosity and ensure predictable results. Moisturizes, detangles, lusterizes. Helps create more uniform color, perm and relaxer results. Leaves hair natural looking, vibrant and manageable.
  • Leaves hair natural looking, vibrant, manageable
  • Moisturizes, detangles, lusterizes
  • Helps create more uniform color, perm and relaxer results
  • Makes hair feel smooth and closes the cuticle
Directions:
1. Apply to the hair before a chemical service to prevent chemical shock to ensure predictable results. This also helps prevent overlapping of the relaxer. 2. Apply after a chemical service when additional conditioning is required. Leave on for 30 seconds, rinse out. 3. Apply to the hair in sections while detangling the hair with a wide tooth comb. This is great before shampooing. Let it sit for 5-10mins after the detangling process, then rinse out. 4. Apply after shampooing. Let it sit for 2-5mins. Rinse and follow up with a deep conditioner for better conditioning results (more moisture, shine and elasticity). 5. Put 2-3tsp of the conditioner in your deep conditioner for added slip, cortex protection, impart shine, and align the bonding of the cuticles. 6. Use as a final rinse for detangling, and smoothness, leave on for 2-5 mins, then rinse out.

Ingredients:
water, propylene gycol, oleyl betaine, dicetyldimonium chloride, lecithin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, lactic acid , fragrance, coumarin, eugenol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, methylparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin, titanium dioxide, mica, ext violet 2 (CI 60730), green 5 (CI 61570)

The TRUTH: This product is what it is to be honest, it helps with porous hair and it seems to help the hair to absorb and responds better to products you used.
I have used it in two ways: (a). I have mixed it along with my DC and the results was great, my hair seems to absorb the conditioner well and the end results was soft, manageable hair.
I then  (b). was using it as a end product after I DC I use it as a rinse out my DC, I then apply a little of it this product to my already sectioned hair (sectioned in 4) I then let it sit for the duration of my shower. Just before I hop on out of my shower, I will take down each section one by one and rinse  the product out, I will finger comb, which is a breeze as rinse my hair and I will pin each section up proceed accordingly.
I get good results each time either way I use this product and I will keep this in rotation as I do like and enjoy the results I get when I use it, I use only when I think my hair needs a boost, which not often.

Rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. Does it matter if you add the 2-3 tspns to a protein or a moisturizing conditioner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a believer! I am AA with relaxed hair (currently in 12 wks transition to natural). I have 3c hair type, and my hair is shoulder length. Three mths ago, I got a lye relaxer and demi color. My hair has not been the same since. Plenty of breakage/shedding and brittle ends. I tried everything to soften the hair (i.e., sulfate free shampoos, EVCO, One n Only Argan Oil products, sheamoisture...everything!!) However, nothing seem to penetrate only coating my hair. BUT, a friend of mine recommended that I try Porosity Control. She stated that it sounds like my hair shaft is open. So I bought the PC corrector conditioner and tried it. 1st I washed with Keracare hydrating shampoo (sulfate free). Then deep conditioned with Keracare humecto conditioner, and mixed in the PC and put on a plastic cap under the dryer for 15m. Then I rinsed with luke warm water. OMG.......the texture of my hair is totally different!! It's so soft and signicantly not as much strains in my comb. After I sat under the dryer (low heat) for about 25-30m, I flat ironed using the Chi, and I must say my hair is sooo soft, shinier, and has a completely different feel. I am so pleased!!!!!!!!! It is a must try, however for me it will be used wkly!

    ReplyDelete