Tuesday 17 August 2010

SoftSheen-Carson Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion

SoftSheen-Carson Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion

Promises:
Softens and Moisturizes Provides Sheen, Quenches dry, thirsty hair; this rich lotion contains a blend of silicone and humectants to provide shine, softening and moisture to natural and permanently waved hair. Apply as needed to maintain your Wave Nouveau style.

Directions:
1. Apply the desired amount of lotion into palm of hand. Apply evenly throughout hair, massaging thoroughly. 2. Gently comb through the hair and style as usual.

Ingredients:
Water - Aqua , Propylene Glycol , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Polyquaternium-11 , Stearalkonium Chloride , Dimethicone , Methylparaben , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Fragrance - Parfum , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Simethicone , Red 40 - CI 16035


The TRUTH:
Ok I was hoping to like this product. But in the end it did not work for me at all! The first couple of applications seemed to be going well, but there after it went down hill, it has sticky-ness, a slight film IMO that I could always feel on my hands and that was left on my hair that I just could not deal with. I just did not find it all that moisturizing either, it moisturizes BUT not as I had hoped. I have read loads of raves about this product, I may try it again in the future but at them moment I have passed on the rest of it to my mom and sister, they have natural curly hair, they have not complained as of yet!


Rating: 2.5/5

4 comments:

  1. The stickiness is probably due to the glycerin in it. Just a thought ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair hates this stuff too. I use lots of products that are heavy with glycerin, but none of them make my hair feel like that stuff does. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutley love this product. Im making the transition from relaxers to natural..and this product is making it easy. I apply the product everyday and my hair remains moist and manageble..i do agree that the product can leave the hair feeling a little heavy when I choose a flatiron style. I get better results when I apply it when my hair is wet and curly (natural). I wash and condtion my hair once a week, while hair is still wet I apply the product and gently comb through evenly, brush it back into a ponytail or an afropuff...happyhair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one who loves this product as well. I have been natural for going on 7months. i just started using this product, but i've been through some products in the attempt to try to find something that keeps my hair moist and easily manageable. I find this to be a better alternative than to have to continuously wet your hair which tends to dry your hair out more than help it (even if you use hair grease lotion and or oils). Some people are saying the the product is sticky, the product is not stick but has a slippery feel that is left on your hands, this is due to the glycerine in the product. when you read the labels on products those ingridents that are listed first are that of which the poduct contains more of. This product does not weigh your hair down, if you have tight curly/coily hair this product actually provides the moisture similar to a conditioner and allows your curls to be more free flowing. This product is like a all in one, has the necessities to add continuos moisture is a light conditioner, detangler and more. i couldnt ask for anything better. what i have been doing though instead of apply the product every day, at night i put a plastic cap on my head as well as either a stocking cap and another scarf or any two kind of scarves to actually keep the moisture in your hair creating heat that produces your natural oils.

    ReplyDelete